Friday, November 26, 2010

Be light and salt to the world

Recently, I have been listing to one of my favorite songs called “One-Armed Man”, and it is done by the Christian band, Project 86. The message they are trying to get out is that people in the world need something real, like Jesus.

Everyday, I see people who sit on the fence, trying to figure out if the want to go with there “friends” into the world. Sadly most people have already slid down the fence to the world’s territory, but there is still hope for them to repent of there sins and come to Christ. Everyday, I see opportunities to tell people about Jesus Christ!

The Bible talks about how we are supposed to be a light in the darkness and salt to the world, and that God is our Light and our Savior!

2 Samuel 22:29, “You are my lamp, O Lord; the Lord turns my darkness into light.”

Psalms 18:28, “You, O Lord, keep my lamp burning; my God turns my darkness into light.”

Psalms 56:13, “For you have delivered me from death and my feet from stumbling, that I may walk before God in the light of life.”

Psalms 119:105, “Your word is a lamp to my feet and a light for my path.”

Isaiah 2:5, “Come, O house of Jacob, let us walk in the light of the Lord.”

Isaiah 53:11, “After the suffering of his soul, he will see the light of life and be satisfied; by his knowledge my righteous servant will justify many, and he will bear their iniquities.”

Isaiah 60:19, “The sun will no more be your light by day, nor will the brightness of the moon shine on you, for the Lord will be your everlasting light, and your God will be your glory.”

Micah 7:8-9, “Do not gloat over me, my enemy! Though I have fallen, I will rise. Though I sit in darkness, the Lord will be my light.

Because I have sinned against him, I will bear the Lord’s wrath, until he pleads my case and establishes my right. He will bring me out into the light; I will see his righteousness.”

Matthew 5:13-16, “You are the salt of the earth. But if the salt loses its saltiness , how can it be made salty again? It is no longer good for anything, except to be thrown out and trampled by men.

You are the light of the world. A city on a hill cannot be hidden.

Nether do people light a lamp and put it under a bowl. Instead they put it on its stand, and it gives light to every one in the house.

In the same way, let your light shine before men, that they may see your good deeds and praise your Father in heaven.”

Psalms 27:1-2, “The Lord is my light and my salvation, whom shall I fear? The Lord is the stronghold of my life, of whom shall I be afraid?

When evil men advance against me to devourer my flesh, when my enemies and my foes
attack me, they will stumble and fall.”

Isaiah 49:6, “He says: “It is too small a thing for you to be my servant to restore the tribes of Jacob and bring back those of Israel I have kept. I will also make you a light for the Gentiles, that you may bring my salvation to the ends of the earth.”

Wow! That is amazing! I guess the Bible is very serious about sharing the Gospel of Jesus Christ with people, and being light and salt to the world! That is a big job, but it will be exciting and enjoyable if you have a deep passion for Christ!

I don’t know about you, but I am ready to share the Gospel of Jesus Christ with everybody I meet!

What did you think about this post? Please let me know.

P.S. The verses I listed are just a small fraction of all the verses that talk about being the light and the salt to the earth. I thought that if you are really interested in this subject, you will look the rest of them up.

God Bless,
Apollos

1 comment:

  1. I think all missioanry religions would have a similar concept of being the light and salt

    ReplyDelete